UltraEdit is a commercial text editor for Microsoft Windows, Linux and OS X created in 1994 by the founder of IDM Computer Solutions Inc., Ian D. Mead. The editor contains tools for programmers, including macros, configurable syntax highlighting, code folding, file type conversions, project management, regular expressions for search-and-replace, a column-edit mode, remote editing of files via FTP, interfaces for APIs or command lines of choice, and more. Files can be browsed and edited in tabs, and it also supports Unicode and hex editing mode.
- Alexa Rank - 105,725
- Developer(s) - IDM Computer Solutions, Inc
- Operating system - Windows, Linux, macOS
- Type - Text editor
- License - Trialware
- Website - https://www.ultraedit.com/
- Easily open and edit large files - 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select.
- Column (block) mode editing.
- Powerful search: Find & replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare.
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language.
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing.
- Beautify and reformat source code.
- Powerful XML handling: XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags.
- Smart templates - automatic intelligent code completion.
- Editor themes - skin the entire app.
- Powerful and configurable tools.