Last updated on November 7th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
Facebook is the OG social media platform and the largest one by nearly every metric. Love it or hate it, the social giant — and soon-to-be harbinger of the metaverse — is a must-have social media channel for marketers.
In this post, we cover 63 Facebook statistics, freshly updated for 2022. They will help you keep up with how people are using the platform and make data-informed decisions about your social media strategy.
Best Time to Post on Facebook
People log in to Facebook on both mobile devices and desktop computers, both at work and at home. How it's used depends heavily on the audience.
- On average, the best time to post across industries is 9 a.m., when people are just starting work and going online for the first time.
- Facebook sees another increase in clickthrough rates between 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m., when folks are taking their lunch break.
- The hours of 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM are also promising posting times for B2C, B2B, software, and higher-ed organizations.
- The best days to post on Facebook are Thursday to Sunday.
When is the Best Time to Post on Facebook Networks?
Marketing on the world’s most popular social network isn’t as easy as it used to be. Organic reach has been in sharp decline for years, and it’s increasingly becoming a pay-to-play platform.
But, that doesn’t mean it’s time to ignore organic efforts here. Optimizing your posting schedule is part of refining a broader strategy to get as much opportunity here as possible.
- B2C Businesses: Similar to Instagram, people jump on Facebook when they have breaks in their day.
- B2B Businesses: And when it comes to B2B, it appears as though catching people when they need a brain break in the afternoon is effective.
- Software Businesses: Again, for software companies, before work, after work, and mid-afternoon is best. It's notable that noon isn't the most effective (which could mean opportunity, or it could mean that time is just too competitive).
- Healthcare Companies: Mornings work best for healthcare companies. Catching people when they're waking up is the best time here, which makes sense, since people may be looking for entertainment rather than improving their health later in the day.
- Media Companies: The best times to catch people for news are when they're waking up, going to lunch, or just getting home from work. Those lineup with times a lot of people catch up on news in general.
- Higher Education: See a pattern emerging here? If you're sharing content for higher education, consider experimenting with the peak times shown below, and posting when there's less activity, too.
Facebook Network Summary
When the CoSchedule team crunched the data, the following times and ranges appeared to drive the most activity:
- B2C: 9 am to 10 am, 12 pm - 1 pm, 4 pm to 5 pm.
- B2B: 9 am to 4 pm, with 3 pm to 4 pm being the best.
- Software Services: 9 am to 5 pm, then it drops off. 9 am, 3 pm, and 5 pm are the best.
- Healthcare: 6 am-7 am, 9 am, 11 am-Noon.
- Media: 7 am, 11 am, 6 pm.
- Higher Education: 8 am, Noon, 3 pm.
Here’s what other sources say about general best times to post:
- Hootsuite suggests posting between noon and 3 pm on weekdays. That’d catch people on lunch, or when they’re looking for an afternoon distraction.
- Bootcamp Digital suggests following the times your Insights say are best, posting 1 to 4 times a week with high-quality content.
- TrackMaven suggests that 8 pm on Thursdays is the best time.
- Hubspot says 1 pm to 4 pm is generally best.
- Falcon.io’s findings are similar, saying that noon to 4 pm is where most of the action is at.
- When it comes to Facebook Live, a study from FreeCodeCamp found 6 am to 7 am, Monday through Friday, provided the best results. One caveat: it’s extremely important to test this data for yourself. Fortunately, they provide an entire framework on how to do this (provided you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with coding and APIs).
- The Balance adds that Facebook Live videos are getting significantly better performance than other types of posts.
- Search Engine Journal says Facebook Live videos get 6x the engagement of traditional video content, but they need to be timed to align with when your audience is most active.
- QuickSprout says times vary in different industries, but most see a boost later in the week.
- Unmetric says the sweet spot is between 9 am and 2 pm.
- Maria Halthoff recommends posting at 9 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm on Thursdays, Fridays, and weekends.
- Impulse Creative suggests that the worst time to post is between 8 pm and 3 am.
- Avoid overly-promotional content.
- Hashtags underperform here.
- Mix up posts with and without links.
|Active Users||2.91 B|
|Marketing Tools||Facebook Ads, Sponsored Stories, Messenger ads|
|Ideal for||Latest News/ Content/ Stories, Building a Community|
|Aim at||Increasing Brand Awareness, Building a Community|
Facebook Demographic Stats
- Facebook has 2.91 billion monthly active users, an increase of 6% year-over-year.
- 81% of all adults in the United States have a Facebook account.
- India is ranked first in terms of Facebook audience size with 400 million users.
- The United States, Indonesia, and Brazil also have 200 million, 140 million, and 130 million Facebook users respectively.
- Between the ages of 25 and 34, 12.5% of all active Facebook users are female, and 19% are male.
- With 11.2 billion total visits, 1.5 billion unique visitors, and an average visit time of 21 minutes 52 seconds, Facebook is the third most visited website globally.
- 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
Facebook Usage Stats
- 93 billion people on average log into Facebook daily.
- Facebook is the world’s third-most downloaded app.
- The average U.S. adult spends 33 minutes a day on Facebook.
- 36.9% of the total world population uses Facebook every month.
- 98.5% of users access Facebook from mobile devices.
- The time spent on Facebook by U.S. teens saw a drop of 16% year-on-year.
- 69% of U.S. adults use Facebook.
- Over 1.8 billion people now use Facebook Groups every month.
- There are more than 70 million admins and moderators running active Facebook groups.
- 1 billion Facebook Stories are shared daily.
- 400 users sign up on Facebook every minute.
- The U.S. adult population on Facebook uses the social media platform daily, while 49% of them use it several times a day.
- 43% of American users use Facebook to read the news.
- 16% of Facebook users are fake or duplicates.
- 60.6% of all social media users use Facebook.
Facebook Engagement Stats
- More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day.
- Facebook generates 4 million likes every minute.
- 35 million people update their Facebook status every minute.
- Facebook engagement increases by 18% on Thursday and Friday.
- There are more than 350 billion photos already uploaded on Facebook.
- 85% of smartphone users have the Facebook app.
- 87.1% of U.S. marketers use Facebook.
- 57% of the brands feel Facebook stories effectively promote their products.
- A video post increases interaction by 600% on Facebook.
- 90% of Facebook users post native videos.
- 85% of videos watched on Facebook are on mute.
- A live video engagement is 26% on Facebook, higher than any other social media platform.
- Facebook videos with captions increase the watch time by 12%.
- 49.9% of all posts are link posts, making it the most common Facebook content. This is followed by images and videos.
- Status posts show a 0.14% engagement rate which is the highest for any content on Facebook.
- The average engagement rate of Facebook posts is 3.91%.
Facebook Business Stats
- There are more than 200 million businesses on Facebook.
- 44% of users admit that Facebook influences their shopping decision.
- There are over 80 million business pages on Facebook.
- 15% of Facebook users shop on Facebook.
- 93% of all social media marketers use Facebook ads.
- Facebook Ad Revenue is $28.2 billion in Q3 of 2021.
- More than 160 million businesses use Facebook to interact with their customers.
- The average organic reach for a Facebook post is 6.4% of the page’s total likes.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook to promote their videos.
- 96% of B2C marketers and 91% of B2B marketers use Facebook
Facebook Ads Insights
- 2.28 billion people can be reached through adverts on Facebook.
- 43.5% of the ad audience is female, while 56.5% is male.
- Adding a CTA button boosts the conversion rate by 2.85 times.
- Cost-per-clicks are most expensive on Fridays and cheapest on Sundays.
- The average cost-per-click is $1.86 on Facebook.
- A CTA in the middle of the video has witnessed a higher conversion rate of 16.95%.
- The cost of a video ad is 10% of carousel or single image ads.
- Audiences aged 18-24 spend 75% of their time on Facebook watching video ads.
- 71% of shoppers feel they see relevant video ads on Facebook.
- A Facebook user clicks on an average of 8 ads a month.
Facebook Top Brands
- Samsung’s Facebook page is the most popular, with 161 million likes.
- CGTN’s Facebook page has 117 million likes.
- Real Madrid CF’s Facebook page has over 111 million likes.
- Coca-Cola’s Facebook page has 109 million likes.
- China Daily’s Facebook page has 103 million likes.
Facebook Trends 2022
Rise of Metaverse: Metaverse is all set to enhance the experience of brands and followers alike. This is the latest arena to socialize and associate with your folks online. You can play games, go to a virtual meeting, or even own digital properties! Facebook had this long-term vision of integrating AR/VR into our everyday lives, and Metaverse was the step towards it.
Pick Your Avatars: Now that Metaverse is setting its feet deeper, people are all set to pick up newer avatars to mark themselves present. You get to choose your cartoon self and be able to edit skin tones, attire, hairstyles, facial features, and more. This will help you distinguish yourself in the crowd and get along with other digital avatars.
Facebook Ads Splurge: For a few years, people have been complaining about the organic reach of Facebook. Marketers have taken the onus and started experimenting with Facebook ads for reaching out to the diversified demographic set. And it worked! That's why it's predicted that Facebook ads will continue to play out well. Also, there might be a price hike for ads, so better watch out and plan accordingly
Facebook Shops: Get your Facebook shops ready because e-shopping will be another major trend for 2022 on Facebook. Now businesses can sell their product the same way they do on websites. This added sales channel is an excellent platform for small businesses to boost their sales amid the rapid boom of eCommerce worldwide due to the pandemic.
This text provides general information. Statista assumes no liability for the information given being complete or correct. Due to varying update cycles, statistics can display more up-to-date data than referenced in the text