SnapChat Social Media Statistics You Must Know in 2022
Last updated on March 25th, 2023 by RGB Web Tech
Around 54.4% of Snapchat users are female and 44.6% are male. India has the most Snapchat users (115.95 million), followed by the U.S (106.2 million.) The third country based on the Snapchat audience is France (24.1 million.) 82 million users use Snapchat daily in Europe.
The popular visual social network isn’t much of a traffic driver (though it can be useful for directing targeted traffic toward specific pages using the one link you get in your bio), but it does have a highly engaged audience. Here’s when you can expect the most activity.
Late nights. Believe it or not, experts say to post your company’s snaps late at night – between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. The majority of Snapchat users access the app nocturnally.
Any day. It doesn’t appear that any particular day of the week or weekend is best for posting to Snapchat, as users access the platform at all hours.
The ideal amount of snaps to post is four to seven posts per day. Since posts (not ads) disappear within 24 hours, Snapchat gives you more leeway for frequent posting compared to other platforms. For maximum engagement, post when your desired audience is most likely to be on — night times and weekends. Keep in mind that Snapchat will only be an appropriate place for your brand to advertise if you’re targeting users ages 18 to 24, as 73% of people in this age group are likely to be on the platform. If you’re looking for an older audience, other platforms might be more appropriate.
|Active Users||347.3 million|
|Marketing Tools||Snap Ads|
|Ideal for||Influencer Marketing, Brand Collabs, Remix Content|
|Aim at||Engaging Customers|
SnapChat Demographics Stats
- Snapchat has over 538.1 million users.
- There are over 306 million daily active users of Snapchat.
- India has over 116 million active Snapchatters.
- The U.S. population accounts for 106.2 million active users, followed by France(24.1 million) and the United Kingdom(20.1 million).
- Snapchat has 42 million Gen Z users.
- More than 80% of users are in the age group of 13-34.
- 54.4% of Snapchat users are female, and 44.6% of users are male.
SnapChat Usage Stats
- The average snaps created daily were over 5+ billion in 2021.
- The daily snap creation witnessed a growth of 25% year on year.
- On average, Snapchatters spend over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
- 76% of Snapchat’s daily active users engage with augmented reality.
- The average time spent on the app is 28 minutes.
- About 2.1 million snaps are created every minute on Snapchat.
- 46% of Americans open the Snapchat app multiple times a day.
- Snapchat scored 72 out of 100 points on a consumer satisfaction scale.
- 200 million Snapchatters use Snap Maps every month to locate their friends.
- Snapchat sees an average of +500M minutes of AR playtime daily
SnapChat Engagement Stats
- Videos posted on Snapchat reached 18 billion daily views.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded to 2089+ snaps.
- 57% of the total content shared on Snapchat is videos.
- 70% of Gen Z in the U.S. has watched the news on Discover content on Snapchat. There is an 80% increase in SportsCenter viewership from last quarter too.
- 50 million Snapchatters watch TV content each month.
- More than 70% of Gen Z watch Snap Originals.
- 60% of Snapchat users create new content on the app every day.
- Snapchat users created more than 1.5 million lenses with Lens Studio to date.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
- Snapchat saw a 50% rise in video calls.
- 100 million+ Snapchatters play snap games.
- Snapchatters are spending 25% more time than usual playing with lenses.
- Snapchat confirms increased engagement on ads, with a 36% increase in install volume for app ads and a 19% increase in swipe-up rate overall.
SnapChat Business Stats
- Snapchat increased its revenue by 57% year on year in Q3, 2021.
- The average revenue per Snapchat user is $1.91.
- 32.7% of U.S. marketers are on Snapchat.
- 64% of businesses are on Snapchat.
- 34% of teenagers consider Snapchat as their preferred app in the U.S.
- The direct spending of millennials and Gen Z through Snapchat is around $1 trillion.
- 76% of Snapchatters make their purchases online every holiday season.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Snapchatters are 20% more likely to make purchases on mobile
- Snapchatters use apps to make purchases at least once a month.
- 4 out of 10 Snapchatters said they discovered a brand via celebrity endorsements.
- More than 1 out of 5 Snapchat users bought a product they discovered on Snapchat.
- 35% of Snapchatters send snaps about products they’re interested in buying.
- Geofilter shared to a national audience can reach 40-60% of the daily Snapchat users.
- 80% of users use Snapchat at a restaurant, 66% while shopping, and 50% use Snapchat at the gym.
SnapChat Ads Insights
- Marketers on Snapchat can reach 8.8% of the 13+ age group population with adverts.
- 54.4% of ad audiences are female, and 44.6% are male.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of Snapchat’s advertising reach is +4.7%.
- Snapchat global advertising revenue is predicted to reach $2.62 billion.
- 64% of Snap Ads are viewed with sound on.
- 55% of Gen Z have an ad recall after watching 0 to 2 seconds of a Snapchat ad.
- Snapchat ads were seen to capture 2x the attention of users compared to Facebook.
- Snapchat Sponsored Lenses are predicted to reach 16 million daily viewers.
- Snapchat Discover Ads start at $50,000 daily.
- Sponsored lenses on Snapchat cost from $600,000 to $750,000 per day.
- Snapchat Ads are available for $3000 per month.
- Users engage with Snapchat ads at an average time of 30 seconds.
- 57% of all brand posts are video ads.
SnapChat Top Brands
- Boombit witnessed a 2.8x increase in installs after scaling the Snap SKAN campaign.
- L’Oreal Paris Mascara witnessed a 9pt lift in recommendation intent among Gen Z females.
- Walmart observed a 7pt lift in brand awareness and a 9pt lift in the brand association.
- RBX achieves a 9X return on advertising spend on men’s sneakers.
- Hershey had 1 million earned impressions and a 29pt lift in ad awareness of their multi-product campaign on Snapchat.
This text provides general information. Statista assumes no liability for the information given being complete or correct. Due to varying update cycles, statistics can display more up-to-date data than referenced in the text