Last updated on May 10th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
The platform currently has over 660 million registered users, with 303 million of them being active on a monthly basis. 90 million of these users are senior-level influencers, and 63 million are in decision-making positions. LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition.
The popular visual social network isn’t much of a traffic driver (though it can be useful for directing targeted traffic toward specific pages using the one link you get in your bio), but it does have a highly engaged audience. Here’s when you can expect the most activity.
Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
Roughly 25% of U.S. adults use LinkedIn, largely for professional purposes, during weekdays and the work hours. It's used with slightly less frequency than some of the other channels on this list.
- Aim to post on LinkedIn between 10 A.M. to noon.
- B2C, media, and higher-ed organizations have the narrowest windows for when to post for maximum performance: 12 p.m., 8 a.m., and 10 a.m. are their best times, respectively.
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday.
When is the Best Time to Post on LinkedIn Networks?
LinkedIn is a professional network, and so naturally, the best time to reach people there is when they’re taking a break from work. Or is it? Here’s what the data shows:
- B2C Businesses: It appears as though the best time to catch people on Twitter may be around their lunch breaks from work (for those working a 9 to 5 schedule).
- B2B Businesses: When it comes to B2B audiences though, which may be more professionally-focused than broader B2C audiences, the mantra of catching people before work, at lunch, and after their evening commute holds true.
- Software Businesses: Software services are the same. If you want to reach professional audiences, you've got to reach them when they're not deep in work (and oftentimes we use software services to get work done).
- Healthcare Companies: Healthcare stands out somewhat from other verticals, with mid-morning to early afternoon being most effective.
- Media Companies: People often read their LinkedIn feed in the morning like they'd read a morning newspaper. So, it makes sense that publishers see the greatest amount of effectiveness early in the morning.
- Higher Education: Higher education may not be huge on LinkedIn, though mid-morning seems to work best (possibly catching people taking a break from work, when they're open to career and educational development opportunities).
LinkedIn Network Summary
The biggest takeaway here is that people use LinkedIn for professional development. So, the best times to reach people here are when workers in the industry you're targeting are taking breaks in their workday.
- B2C: Noon
- B2B: 8 am, 10 am-Noon, 6 pm
- Software Services: 9 am, 11 am-Noon, 5 pm-6 pm
- Healthcare: 10 am, Noon-2 pm
- Media: 8 am
- Higher Education: 10 am
Here’s what some other sources have to say:
- SurePayroll suggests posting between Tuesday and Thursday at no specific time.
- The Huffington Post suggests those same days, but narrows down 10am to 11am on Tuesday as the best day and time.
- BizTraffic advises 7am, noon, and 5pm all work well. This makes sense for targeting professional audiences on an 8 to 5 schedule.
- Curated findings from Post Planner support this advice.
- TruConversion suggests morning through noon, Monday through Friday.
- Post during weekdays.
- Keep your tone professional.
- Reach commuters around 7 am and 5 pm.
|Active Users||660 M|
|Marketing Tools||LinkedIn Ads, LinkedIn groups|
|Ideal for||Industry/Business News, Event Updates, Discussions|
|Aim at||Becoming a Thought leader and Building Connections|
Linkedin Demographic Stats
- The population of LinkedIn is more than 800 million from 200 countries.
- There are 180 million users from the U.S. on LinkedIn.
- There are 56.6% of male users and 43.4% female users on LinkedIn.
- After the U.S., India (81 million), China (54 million), and Brazil (51 million) have the highest number of LinkedIn users.
- There are 180 million senior-level influencers.
- LinkedIn has 65 million decision-makers and 10 million C-level executives.
- Almost 60% of LinkedIn users are in the age group of 25-34.
- 60% of the U.S. LinkedIn users earn $100,000/year.
LinkedIn Usage Stats
- 3 professionals join LinkedIn every second, with 172800 new users every single day.
- 57% of LinkedIn traffic is from mobile devices.
- LinkedIn receives 1.17+ billion visits worldwide.
- 3 people get hired on LinkedIn every minute, with 55 job applications submitted per second.
- 91% of executives rate LinkedIn as their first choice for professionally relevant content.
- 280 billion feed updates are viewed annually on LinkedIn.
- There are 9 billion content impressions in LinkedIn feeds every week.
- 2 million posts, articles, and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
- 3 million users post on LinkedIn every week.
- 4 in every 10 millionaires are active LinkedIn users.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Usage Stats
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
- 39% of LinkedIn users never share content, while 16% of the profiles actively share multiple posts every week.
- On average, users spend 7 minutes 12 seconds on LinkedIn.
- The average visit duration on LinkedIn is 8.52 minutes.
- Users visit an average of 6.4 pages on LinkedIn before leaving.
- LinkedIn Live streams witnessed a 437% year-on-year increase in views.
- 2% of LinkedIn users haven’t yet joined any group on LinkedIn.
- 36K skills are listed on LinkedIn.
- 39% of users are LinkedIn premium account holders.
LinkedIn Engagement Stats
- 22.04% of LinkedIn traffic comes from search alone.
- 99.63% of LinkedIn search traffic comes from organic search.
- LinkedIn Pages with complete information get 30% more weekly views compared to others.
- Each week, 45 million people look for a job on LinkedIn.
- More than 14 million open jobs are posted on LinkedIn Jobs.
- 200+ million jobs are submitted on LinkedIn each month.
- 4 people get hired on LinkedIn each minute.
- There is a 50% rise in engagement year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Companies posting weekly see an engagement rise by 2x on LinkedIn.
- 98% of marketers on LinkedIn agree that personalization helps advance customer relationships.
- According to LinkedIn, companies that post 20 times per month reach at least 60% of their unique audience.
LinkedIn Business Stats
- Including the links in a post can drive twice the engagement than a post without it on LinkedIn.
- Images on average result in a 98% higher comment rate than without on LinkedIn.
- Links to Youtube videos play directly in the LinkedIn feed and typically give a 75% higher share rate.
- Linkedin accounts with completed and updated information gain 40 times more opportunities.
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn, so aiming for between 1700-2100 words should give your content a boost.
- LinkedIn articles with 8 images and 5,7, or 9 headlines are best for engagements.
- Messages sent have increased 35% year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Weekly LinkedIn members who engage heavily with content are 5x more likely to return daily.
- Listing 5 or more skills on your LinkedIn profile can lead to up to 17x more views.
LinkedIn Business Stats
- More than 57 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- 46% of social media traffic to the company's website comes from LinkedIn.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen Forms on LinkedIn can increase conversions by 3x.
- 89% of B2B marketers rely on LinkedIn for lead generation.
- 62% of B2B marketers generate leads on LinkedIn successfully, over double the next-highest social channel.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions
- 52% of buyers list LinkedIn as the most influential channel during their research process.
- InMail has a 300% higher response rate than email, with a 10-25% hit rate on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of B2B leads coming from social media are from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help drive their content marketing strategy.
- 92% of B2B marketers have LinkedIn included in their digital marketing mix.
- 15% of Linkedin users are senior-level influencers.
- As per Linkedin, an average of 10 content pieces are considered before making a purchasing decision.
LinkedIn Ads Insights
- 790.4 million people can be reached with adverts on LinkedIn.
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 14.3% of the world’s population over 18 years of age.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of LinkedIn’s advertising reach is +2.9%.
- 43.4% of ad audiences are female, and 56.6% are male.
- Sponsored InMail has an opening rate of 52% on LinkedIn.
- The U.S. offers the largest group of LinkedIn advertising audiences with a reach of 170 million users.
- LinkedIn Message Ads have a 40% conversion rate.
- 65% of B2B companies have generated a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
- The cost per lead is 28% lower than on Google AdWords on LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen forms on LinkedIn have reduced the cost per lead for 90% of B2B marketers.
- LinkedIn has reported that its “matched audience” targeting feature procured a 32% increase in post click conversion rates and a 30% boost in CTR.
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI of LinkedIn ads.
- The average conversion rate of video ads on LinkedIn for the U.S. is 6.1%, more than any other contemporary platform.
LinkedIn Top Brands
- Google has 23.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Amazon has 23.2 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Ted Conferences has 22.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 20.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Microsoft has 15.9 million followers on LinkedIn.
Linkedin Trends 2022
Virtual Even Party: Since its inception, Linkedin live has successfully driven up to 7x more reactions and 24x more comments than regular video. Linkedin decided to expand by adding another virtual feature to the list – LinkedIn events, enabling organizations to drive awareness of upcoming events and bring professional communities together in real-time.
Boost In Video Content: Marketers have started to understand and utilize the power of video marketing. A Quick Frame survey indicated that around 85% of marketers plan to increase or maintain their video marketing cadence in 2022. Also, users are 20x likely to share video content compared to image and link posts.
Linkedin Ads Roll: Linkedin is inherently the best social platform for B2B marketers to engage with customers. The LinkedIn ads are more effective at driving brand lift for B2B & B2C brands than other social media platforms. 80% of B2B marketers have utilized LinkedIn paid ads in marketing their business. With upcoming enhancements, the use of Linkedin ads is slated to continue in 2022.
Linkedin Company Tabs: Employees are 60% more likely to engage with posts from their companies. That's why LinkedIn has introduced some latest features like newsletters, celebrating milestones, engaging with fellow coworkers, etc., via Company Tabs to bring employers and employees closer. This is an attempt to create an intuitive space as remote working becomes the new norm.
This text provides general information. Statista assumes no liability for the information given being complete or correct. Due to varying update cycles, statistics can display more up-to-date data than referenced in the text