Last updated on May 10th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
TikTok is available in over 150 countries, has over 1 billion users, and has been downloaded over 200 million times in the United States alone. If your brand’s target audience includes anyone between the age 13 and 60, you should be on TikTok right now. Need inspiration on launching your TikTok strategy? Click here for amazing TikTok examples from brands. Want to know how the TikTok algorithm works? Click here. Without further ado, here are the most important TikTok statistics (we will continuously refresh this article as new data becomes available – some data is directly from our TikTok contacts).
The popular visual social network isn’t much of a traffic driver (though it can be useful for directing targeted traffic toward specific pages using the one link you get in your bio), but it does have a highly engaged audience. Here’s when you can expect the most activity.
What is the best time to post on TikTok?
In this post, we have looked at a range of factors affecting your best time to post on TikTok. Overall, the best times are:
- Monday: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
- Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM, 12 AM, 7 PM
- Friday: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
Does it matter what time you post on TikTok?
If you treat your time on TikTok seriously, you are going to want to ensure that you post your videos at the best times to ensure maximum engagement. We have covered the best times for this in this article. Two of the main factors that affect this are:
- Where is Your Audience Located? And
- What Time is Your Audience Awake?
- Likewise, if you use your TikTok account for marketing, you are going to want to post videos when your target audience is active.
How many times should I post on TikTok?
Many TikTok influencers post a couple of times each day. However, being video-based, it is harder to make an excellent TikTok post than a text post on something like Facebook, or even an image-based post on a platform like Instagram. Quality is far more critical than quantity on TikTok. The videos may be short, but they must be worth watching and able to interest their target audience. If you want to build an enthusiastic following, you should post at once most days, however.
How do I get more views on TikTok?
There are legitimate ways to improve the number of views your TikTok videos receive. These methods include:
- Create high-quality content.
- Using relevant hashtags in your video descriptions
- Make shorter video
- Add music to your videos
- Make engaging content
- Keep up with the trends
- Remember to engage
These basic practices will give you far better results than any attempt to game the system. The better quality you make your content, and the more you engage, the higher the likelihood that TikTok will consider your videos worthy.
Do hashtags work on TikTok?
Being a relatively recent social app, TikTok’s developers saw the advantage of using hashtags to organize content. Hashtags play an essential part in TikTok. Indeed, hashtag challenges are one of the favorite forms of TikTok engagement. At a base level, hashtags act to help TikTok users find content on a particular topic. However, people also use them to collect other things together, for example, entries to a competition (or challenge). Businesses use custom hashtags to collate all posts about their brand.
How does TikTok make money?
One way that TikTok makes money is through the in-app purchase of coins in the app store. People can buy coin bundles ranging from 100 to 10,000 coins. Users can then gift these coins to their favorite creators, with TikTok keeping a portion of the money. TikTok now provides an official advertising market, giving an additional source of cash flow to TikTok. TikTok advertising works similarly to Facebook. You state your budget and preferred audience and bid behind the scenes for ad spots.
|Active Users||1 B|
|Marketing Tools||TikTok Ads|
|Ideal for||Influencer Marketing, Brand Collabs, Remix Content|
|Aim at||Engaging Gen-Z Customers|
Tiktok Demographics Stats
- TikTok has over a billion monthly active users worldwide.
- TikTok has around 120.8 million active U.S. users.
- 56.1% of TikTok users are female, and 43.9% are male.
- 45% of TikTok users are in the age group of 18-24.
- Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than any gender aged 35 or more.
- 69% of the U.S. teens use TikTok.
- 63% of Gen Z use TikTok on a daily basis.
- After the U.S., Indonesia (87.5 million), Brazil (72.3 million), and the Russian Federation (48.8 million) account for most users on TikTok.
- 20% of TikTok users earn more than $75,000.
Tiktok Usage Stats
- Users spend 52 minutes per day on the app.
- Children between 4-15 years spend 75 minutes on the app.
- The U.S. users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers make videos daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- 41% of users have uploaded their reactions to other videos on TikTok.
- 87.3% of videos have at least one hashtag.
Tiktok Engagement Stats
- The engagement rate of TikTok is 18%.
- 90% of TikTok users open the app multiple times.
- 90% of TikTok users use android.
- 43% of users have taken part in duets.
- The most popular TikTok content categories have over 1 billion views.
- The most viewed content category was entertainment on TikTok, having a whopping 443.3 billion hashtag overall views.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video
- 25% of the featured videos are either by celebrities or influencers.
- There are approximately 12 engagements in the form of likes, comments, shares, etc., per 100 views.
- Brands post an average of 3-4 posts weekly.
- 80% of the top videos have music.
Tiktok Business Stats
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company, is about to hit $400 billion.
- In-app purchases increased by 500% in 2018-19. TikTok also saw an additional jump of 380% in 2020-21.
- TikTok revenue grew by 60% in 2021.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the U.S.
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Influencers on TikTok could expect a flat $500 payout for signing on to the platform plus $25 for each video they upload.
- TikTok lost $500,000 from the Indian ban.
- The ban cost TikTok a loss of 15 million new users.
Tiktok Ads Insights
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands expect to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- TikTok offers ad credits of $300 and $2000 for new brands advertising on the platform.
- TikTok recommends an additional $100,000- $200,000 in ad spend within TikTok to promote a hashtag challenge.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- Brand takeover ads cost anywhere between $20,000-$200,000 on TikTok.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
Tiktok Top Brands
- TikTok has 59.3 million followers on its own platform.
- Flighthouse, a digital entertainment brand, has 28.1 million followers on TikTok.
- XO Team has 25.3 million followers on TikTok.
- Yolo House has a following of 23.3 million followers on TikTok.
- PSG has 23.2 million followers on TikTok.
Tiktok Trends 2022
Massive Pivoting to Platform: TikTok is becoming a significant platform for influencers as they recognize its ability to reach a large audience, especially millennials. According to Tribe Dynamics, 35% of influencers have started using Tik Tok frequently. TikTok's untapped potential and advertising capabilities are also attracting brands. So, get ready for the trend of more brand and influencer collaborations on TikTok.
Booming Video Ads: TikTok is working on improving its advertising platform for marketers. Inherently being a video making platform, TikTok for business has a plethora of exciting video ad features to advertise your brand. With the use of video marketing increasing year-over year, TikTok video ads will be a massive 2022 trend.
Incentivise E-Commerce Sphere: TikTok joined the eCommerce ecosystem by partnering with Shopify. The integration will allow Shopify merchants to directly manage their TikTok marketing campaigns through their Shopify account. Plus, TikTok will also give Shopify sellers $300 to kickstart their first TikTok campaign. So jump right in and start leveraging it this year!
Ugc Remix: Tiktok has many quirky built-in features that allow you to rethink any existing content or idea and re-create it with your creative streak. Be it the Duet feature, creating mashups or the ability to include AR and other eccentric effects in the video, you can churn out hilarious content on TikTok to engage audiences.
This text provides general information. Statista assumes no liability for the information given being complete or correct. Due to varying update cycles, statistics can display more up-to-date data than referenced in the text