Last updated on August 22th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
Adobe Dreamweaver is a proprietary web development tool from Adobe Inc. It was created by Macromedia in 1997 and developed by them until Macromedia was acquired by Adobe Systems in 2005.
Adobe Dreamweaver is available for the macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Developer(s) - Adobe Inc. (2005–present)
- Macromedia - (before 2005)
- Initial release - December 1997; 22 years ago
- Stable release - 2020 (20.1) / February 2020; 5 months ago
- Written in - C++
- Operating system - Windows 10 version 1703 and above, macOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Type - HTML editor, programming tool, integrated development environment (IDE)
- License - Trialware software as a service
- Website - https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html
1. Fast, flexible coding: Create, code, and manage dynamic websites easily with a smart, simplified coding engine. Access code hints to quickly learn and edit HTML, CSS, and other web standards. And use visual aids to reduce errors and speed up site development.
2. Set up to site up in fewer steps: Get your sites up and running faster with starter templates that you can customize to build HTML emails, About pages, blogs, e-commerce pages, newsletters, and portfolios. And because Dreamweaver is part of Creative Cloud, you can quickly bring in assets from your Libraries and Adobe Stock to enhance your sites.
3. Dynamic display on every device: Build responsive websites that adapt to fit any screen size. Preview your sites and edits in real time to make sure your pages look and work the way you want before you publish.
4. Seamless Live View editing: Edit text and image properties and add classes directly in Live View with one click — then preview changes instantly. No need to switch to a separate edit mode.
5. Multi-monitor support for Windows: Now you can expand your workspace by displaying your pages on multiple monitors.
6. Redesigned, modern UI: A streamlined and clutter-free interface lets you customize your workspace to show only the tools you need to code.
7. Git support: Collaboration is easy with Git support. Manage all your source code within Dreamweaver and perform all common operations right from the Git panel.
Alternatives to Adobe Dreamweaver
- Visual Studio Code HTML Editor
- Notepad++ HTML Editor
- Bubble WYSIWYG Editor
- Sublime Text HTML Editor
- Atom HTML Editor
- CKEditor WYSIWYG Editor
- TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor
- NetBeans HTML Editor
- Komodo Edit HTML Editor
- Froala WYSIWYG Editor
- Brackets HTML Editor
- CoffeeCup HTML Editor
- Editor.js WYSIWYG Editor
- Phase 5 HTML Editor
- Kompozer WYSIWYG Editor
- UltraEdit HTML Editor
- BareBones Edit HTML Editor
- TextMate HTML Editor
- Setka WYSIWYG Editor
- Aptana Studio HTML Editor
- CotEditor HTML Editor
- Bluefish HTML Editor
- NoteTab HTML Editor