Last updated on May 10th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
Notepad++ is a free HTML editor that was developed for Windows-based machines. Linux users can also use it via Wine. This editor is distributed as free software and its repository is also available in GitHub. Like other community projects, third-party plugins are supported.
Notepad++ distinguishes its development environment for its simplicity. Notepad++ is super lightweight; there’s even a mobile version if you fancy it. Here are some highlights:
- Alexa Rank - 5991
- Developer(s) - Don Ho
- Initial release - 24 November 2003
- Stable release - July 16, 2020
- Written in - C++
- Operating system - Microsoft Windows
- Type - Source Code Editor
- License - GPLv2
- Website - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
- Notepad++ interface is simple, lightweight, and fast.
- It supports a multi-language coding environment, from ActionScript, CSS, to visual basic.
- 100% compatibility with Windows, although other OSs are not supported (without additional software.)
Why do developers love Notepad++ ?
- It’s completely free and open-source.
- It is Extendable. You can add plugins from the community or create your own.
- Customizable. Developers can personalize the features and interface to their preferences.