Last updated on August 22th, 2022 by RGB Web Tech
A2 Hosting offers plenty of diversity in the types of plans and the various inclusions available. Plans can be used for a huge variety of purposes and you can manage your own site or have the A2H gurus do it for you. It’s already optimized for WordPress users when you open your account.
While you may pay a bit more for hosting and the additional benefits and features, you’re getting high-quality, premium hosting that has 99.9% uptime and genuine 24/7/365 support from people on the phone if you have problems of any sort.
- Unlimited SSD Space & Transfer
- Free & Easy Site Migration
- Free Automatic Backups
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee
- Speed Optimized WordPress
- 99.9% Uptime Commitment
- 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support
- Free SSL Certificate
- Up To 20X Faster Web Hosting
What Are the Pros and Cons of A2 Hosting?
There are lots of pros and cons to weigh up when considering A2 Hosting as your new web host. So, is it the right choice for your hosting needs? Before you decide, consider the pros and cons.
- 24/7/365 high-quality, English-speaking, expert support staff available via phone, email, and live chat.
- Choose a server location from Europe, the USA, or Asia.
- Unmanaged and managed plans with plenty of options.
- Free SSDs included.
- Shopper Approved reviews reveal that 96% of the reviews posted on their site certainly would suggest friends and family use A2H.
- Ideal for users of WordPress and loads pages six times faster.
- High-speed load performance. Compared to several hosting providers, A2 Hosting performs at high speed. There may sometimes be unresponsive pages, but they don’t happen often. Lags and load delays are also present but they’re almost unnoticeable.
- Reseller hosting options for hosting startups and expert website designers.
- Installation of programs can be done automatically, quickly and securely.
- 10 GB Quadruple redundancy network offers good peace of mind.
- A2H is 100% carbon neutral.
- Mod_perl, Plexum, HTMLDoc, PDFLib, MS SQL or ColdFusion are not supported.
- They only have two data centers. If your target audience is located in neither North America nor Europe, you would want to find and choose another nearer service provider.
- Limited hosting plans for Windows hosting.
- Slightly more expensive than other hosting plans (but prices are still competitive)
Frequently asked Questions About A2 Hosting
1. Who owns A2 Hosting?
A2 Hosting is a privately held company and its headquarters is in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the United States. A2H was founded by Bryan Muthig in 2003 and he is also their current CEO.
2. What are A2 Hosting name servers?
If you already have a domain with a different registrar you must change the name server (DNS) settings for the domain to point to A2 Hosting. At your domain registrar use ns1.a2hosting.com, ns2.a2hosting.com, ns3.a2hosting.com, and ns4.a2hosting.com.
3. What kind of support do I get?
A2 Hosting offers 24/7/365 support via phone, email, and live chat. They keep their 24/7 promise. If you ring them at 4 am in the morning someone will actually answer the phone (you may be asked to leave a message if they’re inundated with calls but you will get a call back as quickly as possible).
4. What languages does A2 Hosting support speak?
All of the A2 Hosting support staff speak fluent English.
5. Where are A2 Hosting servers located?
A2 Hosting owns all of its web servers and monitors them 24/7/365. Their primary data center is located in Michigan (United States), with additional data centers in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Singapore.
6. What is A2 Hosting cheapest hosting plan?
A2 Hosting cheapest shared hosting plan is 5.00. A2 Hosting offers a 30-day money guarantee.
If A2H isn’t ideal for your needs, you’ll receive a full refund within 30 days or a pro-rata refund on the unused services if you cancel after 30 days.
7. What extras do I get with A2 Hosting?
When buying hosting with A2 Hosting you get a free Website Magazine subscription. You also get $50 Bing/Yahoo Ad Credits. Plus you get your site listed in Google in 24 hours with Attracta, and you get a free iContact email marketing trial. Last but not least you get discounts on purchasing WordPress themes from TeslaThemes.
8. Can I install WordPress?
A2 Hosting gives you the option of either having WordPress auto-installed and configured with your order. Once you have purchased your hosting account, you’ll receive an email with the login information. The other option is to use the Softaculous 1-click WordPress installer that comes with your cPanel control panel.
9. Will A2 Hosting help me migrate my website?
A2 Hosting offers free site migration. If you use cPanel with your current host, they will migrate your site for you, for free. If your current site is not on cPanel you should contact their support team for website transfer assistance.
10. Extra Features from A2 Hosting
You receive some interesting freebies which are worth noting. These are:
- A free Website magazine subscription.
- $50 Bing/Yahoo Ad Credits,
- Your site listed in Google in 24 hours with Attracta
Additionally, you get a free iContact email marketing trial. You get discounts on WordPress themes from TeslaThemes.
11. What Are the Perks?
These extra features also show how this web host will make your website load faster:
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- Risk-free money-back guarantee
- Free support via phone, live chat and email – 24/7/365
- Prime or Prime+SSD (Solid State Drive) choices
- SSDs boost site loading speed up to 300% faster
- The average load time of pages is 1.9 seconds
- Unlimited bandwidth/data transfer and storage
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free server rewind back-ups (for added security)
- Single-Click software installations
A2 Hosting uses cPanel, which is the industry standard for hosting control panels and will be familiar to many users.
This graphical interface makes it intuitive to do a variety of tasks, including change your password, view promotions, and use Softaculous Apps Installer, which is extremely fast and allows you to preview applications before installation. The ease of use is a big plus.
12. Green Web Hosting, Strong Infrastructure, and Backups
Because A2 Hosting doesn’t want to be seen as “just another hosting company,” you also gain access to their green hosting, a quadruple redundant network, and regular backup services.
A2 Hosting also offers additional features to add further value to their hosting plans, including increased support and several support options.
13. What are the types of web hosting?
This answer will be different for everyone. It depends on the type of website you have, the resources you need, your budget, and traffic.
We gave our top recommendation for each category in this guide, so that’s the best place for you to start your search.
Once you know what you need, you can narrow your options. To figure out what category you fall in, here’s a quick recap of the different hosting types and who they are for:
- Shared Hosting — Shared hosting is the most cost-effective plan for entry-level websites.
- VPS Hosting — VPS hosting is for websites that have outgrown shared hosting.
- WordPress Hosting — WordPress hosting optimized for WordPress sites.
- Dedicated Hosting — Dedicated hosting is Enterprise-level servers for large websites.
- Cloud Hosting — Cloud hosting is best for websites that are growing rapidly.
- Reseller Hosting — Reseller hosting is for agencies, web developers, and web designers.
- Managed Hosting — Managed hosting is an IT hosting model in which the client leases servers or cloud computing resources.
- Colocation Hosting — Colocation hosting is where you rent space for your IT hardware at a 3rd party provider’s data center facility.
- Self Service Hosting — Self hosting is a form of running your own website or application by setting up a server and network yourself.
- Cluster Hosting — A cluster hosting is a host that is configured to take over the role of another host server within a cluster.
Alternatives of A2 Hosting
If you want to explore more web hosting plans, here is some web hosting services provider companies as below: